Sunday, April 26, 2009

Genealogy

Genealogy - Trees Without Roots Fall Over. Where are one's roots; you will never know what secrets you unearth when you start doing genealogy. Sometimes, you are in the surprise of your life!



I have been our family historian for several years. This is a passion that I am sure that most members of my family, as well as my husband's family, do not understand. Genealogy is like a jigsaw puzzle,

Robertson Clan
Robertson
Robertson by carolrobertsonwhite featuring Forever21 tops

A Visit to Hatfield House: Hatfield House is a country house set in a large park, the Great Park, on the eastern side of the town of Hatfield, Hertfordshire, England. The present Jacobean house was built in 1611 by Robert Cecil, First Earl of Salisbury and Chief Minister to King James I and has been the home of the Cecil family ever since. It is currently the home of Robert Gascoyne-Cecil, 7th Marquess of Salisbury. The house is open to the public. I am very interested in this house as a genealogist because my mother descends from the Cecil family. Hatfield House is a popular tourist attraction because it was once the childhood home of Queen Elizabeth I. These Cecils are related to my mother, Mary Dorothy Cecil Robertson.


Skeletons in My Closet
Skeletons in My Closet
Skeletons in My Closet by carolrobertsonwhite featuring Thomas Wylde boots

Time for Genealogy


Again, obsessed with genealogy, I am also obsessed with the dead, preferring to spend much time in the cemetery. These are great relatives as you can talk to them without them talking back. I made this set dedicated to the art of undertaking...Kind of morbid...but I love it!


Sunday Go To Meetin'


Church


Widow's Weeds


The Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment