Sunday, January 10, 2010

For the Birds

Backyard birds are so beautiful. I had a birdfeeder, birdhouse, and hummingbird feeder. I was not disappointed as many birds came to call. In my rustic log bird house, I had babies every year. They would stick their heads out of the holes in the log and chirp. I could sit at the kitchen table and watch them until they grew and flew away. It was also common for hummingbirds to come up to our sliding door to peek inside the kitchen. It amazes me on how something so small could fly.


Feeding the Birds


Birds of a feather....


We lived on Compton Road for over 12 years. Our next door neighbor had Peacocks. When we first moved there, the peacocks squalled and made a frightening sound that scared our daughter, Katherine, who was 4 years old at the time. The Peacocks often came to visit, eating the cat food, jumping on the fence, and causing our dogs to bark. They are such beautiful birds.

Peacock Sunset


More Peacock


Hoot! Hoot!


Who Who Looks Good?


Feeling Owlish


Looking Owlish


Quack! Quack!


Pheasant - Actually, this is an old linen kitchen towel that I located on an antique site. The colors were so beautiful, that I couldn't resist. When I grew up in Michigan, we recently saw pheasants. They have beautiful tail feathers!


Penguins

No comments:

Post a Comment